Many people are searching for a more natural way to add highlights to their hair and using lemon juice is a great way to do this. You should be aware, however, of what this process entails, the best way of going about achieving lighter looking hair and the dangers of putting lemon juice in your hair.
- Remove Oil From Hair With Lemon Juice Rinse Oily hair is a problem that many people have and if this is something that you suffer from then you should use a cheap home remedy to alleviate the problem. Many people have found that using a simple home made lemon juice hair rinse after washing with shampoo has solved their oily hair problem. Simply mix into a cup of water with the juice from 1 lemon and then apply this mixture to your hair after washing it with shampoo. Then after leaving the mixture in your hair for 3-4 minutes rinse it out with warm water.
- Lighten Your Hair Naturally With Lemon Juice Putting lemon juice in hair is a popular and natural remedy for lightening the colour of your hair. You should understand, however, that lemon juice is not a bleach and will only serve to lighten your own natural hair color. For example it will only make dark brown hair a lighter shade of brown and it will not turn your hair a blonde colour, like bleach or peroxide will.
- Always Add Lemon Juice Evenly Across Your Hair In order to lighten you own natural hair colour you can simply rub lemon juice into your hair. The way that you apply the lemon juice to your hair is important, however, because unless you want highlights on only one section of your hair you should work the lemon juice across all of your hair evenly in order to provide a professional and even looking result.
- Sheds Direct The garden shed will make a good backdrop for growing lemons in a warm sheltered spot. Maybe now is the time to consider a shed or buying a new larger one which you can share. It will always be an investment. Made to suit your needs in size and design so you don’t have to compromise.
- Sunlight Speeds Up Lemon Juice Hair Lightening For a quicker and more effective way of lightening your hair colour spend about ½ an hour in the sun after applying lemon juice to your hair. Direct sunlight is preferable, but even if it is cloudy you will still find that the sunlight speed sup the lemon juice hair lightening effect. After you have done this come inside and wash the lemon juice from your hair. This works because it is well known that the UV rays from the sun will lighten your hair over a long period of time and putting lemon juice in your hair will do the same thing. However combining the sun’s UV rays with the acid from the lemon juice will speed up the effect and produce a lighter hair colour within a few days. Using a blow dryer on hair with lemon juice in it does Not have the same effect and will Not Work.
- Condition Hair Well After Using Lemon Juice After spending time in the sun with lemon juice in your hair make sure that you use a good shampoo and conditioner to thoroughly wash and condition your hair. This is because the combination of lemon juice and then sun will tend to dry out your hair and a good conditioner will help to replenish any moisture lost during this process.
- Lighter Hair From Lemon Juice Is Permanent Using lemon juice to lighten your hair colour is a permanent change just like anything that you get from an expensive beauty salon. The lighter hair colour will only disappear once it has been grown out or by artificially colouring your hair with another product.
- Log Cabins The log cabins Swedes have always known about how good log cabins are so imagine a delightful wooden cabin in your garden and how it could be enjoyed with your children and young ones. Time spent in there would be enjoyable and would be great for all your family
- When To Avoid Using Lemon Juice In Hair It is very important that you Do Not use the lemon juice on your hair if you have been swimming in a chlorinated pool or have recently coloured your hair with chemicals. this is because if you do put lemon juice in your hair in these situations you may actually end up with an undesirable hair colour, such as green or some other weird colour.
- Make Your Own Lemon Hair Spray You can save money by making your own lemon hair spray which is all natural and will give your hair a fresh lemony scent. Create this homemade product by following this easy lemon hair spray recipe :
1) Slice 3 or 4 lemons and place them into a saucepan with 1 litre of water.
2) Bring the mixture to the boil and then let in simmer for 20 minutes.
3) Remove the lemons by staining the water.
4) Add a few drops of essential oil to the liquid and the place it into a spray bottle.
5) Keep the lemon hair spray in the fridge between uses so that it lasts longer.
This lemon juice hair spray can be applied to your hair after showering in order to give you hair extra volume and a fresh scent.
- Control Dandruff With Lemon Juice & Egg White If you have persistent dandruff or an itchy scalp then you should use fresh lemon juice mixed together with an egg white in equal proportions in order to control and treat it. Just massage this homemade, all natural mixture into your scalp, leave it for 30-45 minutes and then wash it out with warm water. Repeat this procedure before each shower and you will soon see the results of a cleaner, dandruff free scalp.