Garden Cabin | Insulated Wood Cabins | Fitting Service | Showroom
Features of The Trentan Garden Cabins
Our Trentan Scandinavian garden cabins are available in several sizes. The collection stretches to 50 different models, all of which feature superb light & airiness.
Installing one of these wood cabins in your garden will enhance your and your family’s lifestyle! Trentan timber buildings are incredibly versatile, suiting all manner of uses, from a garden office, summer house, games room, or just a ‘hidey-hole’ to cut yourself off!
You will appreciate just how wonderful the outdoors is when you share with your family and friends. Superbly designed to fit into most gardens – what good design should do.
Today’s Life is Enhanced with These Trentan Timber Cabins for Sale
Amazing Strength As Standard and at No Extra Charge
Nordic timber, which is slow-growing, is renowned for its warmth and durability by the Swedish. It sits at the core of these superb Trentan log cabins. The timber, which grows in the colder part of the world for many years gives these buildings their great strength.
Trentan uses this timber in cabins from small buildings right up to their large log cabins to guarantee a very long life. The design and style of these buildings ensure they are suitable for British gardens.
Trentan standard windows look amazing, but optional Georgian windows are available on many of the models
Remember it’s your garden cabin so it should be your choice.
The Quality of Material Used is Key to Quality Garden Rooms
Trentan’s UK cabin houses range is built from solid Nordic timber. You won’t find any chipboard, OSB (Sterling) board or any other cheap materials.
The materials used are always top quality which ensures the longest life for your cabin. Quality oozes from Trentan buildings. The timber used is kiln-dried and is sustainably sourced.
Log Buildings Installation Service
The clever design of these Trentan Scandinavian buildings makes them easy for us to install. This design originates in the factory where the various pieces were pre-assembled to ensure all they fit correctly.
They are then manufactured for ease of assembly and then flat-packed for delivery. Some people enjoy the challenge of self-assembly of a wood cabin, but you may decide you would like it installed for you.
We can help! Our assembly service option will ensure an easy life for you and your family. That’s got to be a great option!
We also offer a base-building service in many areas, to make life even easier for you!
Before Buying Always View at a Garden Buildings Display Site
There’s only one sure way to find out what your home cabin will look like and that is to take a drive to view. By doing so, you can be sure that the choice is the right one for you.
It will also ensure there won’t be any nasty surprises and you will know what to expect when your new cabin is installed!
Come and visit our large display sites near Woking, Guildford and Farnham in Surrey, where you can see examples of these log buildings and inspect the quality. We are open seven days a week. You can be sure that your log building will meet your needs.
Our family business background in garden building manufacturing started in 1979. This experience is important to us and also helps to give us the know-how about the quality of materials which should be used.
Our Ethos is ‘Make to a Standard – NOT to a price’.
Log Knowledge and Garden Cabins
Log Knowledge was a log cabin company based in Colorado where they made the very heavy duty cabins seen in the ‘wild west’. Amazingly built to withstand everything the weather could throw at them. Their mission statement was as follows:-HANDCRAFTED THE LOG KNOWLEDGE WAY. For 30 years, Log Knowledge, Inc. has been designing and building the finest custom handcrafted log and timber homes and commercial structures. Located in Northern Colorado near Fort Collins, Log Knowledge specializes in log shells, post & beam and timber frame construction, as well as both structural and applied log and timber accents. As an industry leader, Log Knowledge prided itself in crafting distinctive and timeless creations of exceptional quality. Their reputation of superior craftsmanship and attention to detail were exemplified in everything they did. Customer satisfaction was their trademark and was the foundation of their company. Timeline Of Supply Of these Log Building.
- Preliminary Design and Architectural This is where their log knowledge was used whilst working with their clients to ensure the cabin was going to reflect the purchaser’s needs and requirements. When the design is settled on drawings for the new building are produced.
- Log Selection The log selected come from the finest Rocky Mountain trees which ensure the highest quality and the most attractive. These logs can be up to 48 inches in diameter, but any size logs can be used to suit. The standard size is normally about 10 to 12 inches. Naturally tapered Lodgepole Pine, Engelmann Spruce and Douglas Fir – Larch timber used primarily.
- Fabrication Log knowledge is essential when it comes to making the cabin as this ensures that the natural character and beauty of each log is displayed perfectly. The connections between logs are hand-scribed and notched to match the contour of the adjoining logs. The cabin was pre-assembled at their facility to ensure everything when together perfectly. When all the building is finished, it is labelled before dismantling and then shipped to the new owner’s site. This pre-fabrication allows a rapid build when the crew get on site.
- Handcrafted Log Construction Log Knowledge use this method for the log shells and ensures that there are no butt-joint splices. As above the logs are notched to fit perfectly into the adjoining timbers. They also take into account the fact that wooden cabins need to breathe.
- Post & Beam Timber Frame Construction The knowledge gained over the years allows for a log frame construction and stone or other types of wood as cladding which creates a truly rustic looking building. This type of construction is quite similar to the Trentan garden cabins method of construction as they use square and rectangular timbers.
- Type of Supply Depending on the customer’s needs the service offers – LOG SHELL ONLY – LOG SHELL & WEATHER TIGHT CONSTRUCTION or a full TURN KEY CONSTRUCTION. This choice reflects the many different client’s needs and requirements for their project. At all time the log knowledge is crucial, and this ensures a perfect job every time.
- Costs This will reflect the customer’s needs, the location, the type of timber logs chosen as well as the construction package ordered. These buildings are not a normal type of building for a day to day guy. It’s a bit like when you go into a Rolls Royce showroom and ask about the prices. If you have to ask you can’t afford it – unfortunately.